Respect your work
Be a team player
Focus on the goal
GLO Marine’s team consists of experienced professionals with a proven passion for shipbuilding whose ethos is built on honesty, respect and hard work.
We put great emphasis on the soft skills that make the difference between a good team and a great one: efficient communication, problem solving, teamwork and self-development.
We’re positive, open and honest and our can-do attitude and collaborative mindset make us so agile and dynamic.
Way of work
Quality Management System
- Management review
- Project management plan
- Project risk response
- Planned project audit
- Project Weekly status reports
- Integrated design change
- Integrated project management change
- Integrated quality process change
- Contract management
- Design validation
- Design methods
- Input data / Output data
- Delivery Verification and Checklists
- Competence / Skills Matrix
- Software / Hardware
- Work environment
- Treatment of non-conformities
- Correction and improvement
- Lesson Learnt
- Design process and project management process improvement
- QMS improvement
- Checking effectiveness
Process & Production Control
- Integration with Client processes
- Design and project management processes
- Supplier quality
- Identification and traceability
- Measuring KPI’s
OUR 4 STEP
Management System @ Organization Level
- Business development strategy
- Operational strategy
- Plan operational risk response
- Strategic system definition: QMS, PM, ERP
- Capacity & Competence
- Plan integrated change to strategy and systems
- Define, implement, operate strategic systems
- Perform periodical measurements
- Perform system process audits
- Perform review on budget execution and systems compliance
- Execute decisions on capacity & competence
- Perform integrated change to strategy and systems
- Control of budgets
- Control of risks
- Control of projects
- Control of contracts
- Control of system compliance
- Adjust business development strategy
- Adjust operational strategy
- Improve systems
What they say about us
“Bureau Veritas, through its local office in Romania, had a collaboration with GLO Marine for structural Finite Element modeling and analysis. The scope of work was yield and fatigue analysis for an offshore unit. We are very satisfied with their technical abilities, efficiency and understanding of the rules and tools used.
We definitely recommend them for their agility, proactivity and excellent communication skills.”
“We’ve been working closely together with GLO Marine over the last year and I can say with certainty that every contractual requirement and deadlines were met for each collaboration project. GLO Marine is a young company, but their dedication, hardworking attitude and a new modern approach makes them extremely efficient and flexible. I fully trust that if they continue in the same manner, they will remain a long term reliable partner for VARD Tulcea”.
How we got here
GL Offshore Ltd. Was set up in 2014 in the UK, to service the oil & gas industry. Our first contracts were to deliver stability calculations to major international companies.
GL Offshore decides to set up an office in Romania, GL Offshore Design, at the beginning of the third quarter of 2016. In October we signed our first contract with VARD Tulcea for ship design services. Our team numbers 7 engineers.
Following the success of our first contract and extending the workscope with VARD, in June 2017, we set up the Pipe and Outfitting departments. We decided to unite the companies under the same name: GLO MARINE. We were now 18 engineers.
Start of 2018, we started working with new clients: BLRT, Allstars, MEST, Axima Engie.
March 2018 we launched ShipDX, the first competition for naval architecture students in Romania. Main reason is to challenge students to come up with a practical design theme in a complex, real life situation.
1st September 2018, GLO moves to new bigger and better head office to fit its 35 people team. We’re ready for the next challenge!